Are you constantly dealing with rejected claims in your medical office? If so, you’re likely trying to find out where the breakdown is between your medical billing department and your providers, but at Outsource Receivables, we’re here to tell you that there’s another way. By outsourcing your entire medical billing operation to an outside firm that specializes in reducing rejected claims you’ll find that your office is much more profitable and you’re able to enjoy treating patients again as opposed to the constant busy work that’s unavoidable when it comes to medical billing…and the worst is rejected claims!
Why Chasing Rejected Claims is So Important
Rejected claims occur for a variety of different reasons, but it’s incredibly important that medical billing offices track these claims down because they can lead to increased profitability for your clinic. Too often an in-house medical billing office is too busy with other tasks to effectively track down rejected claims, which results in claims that could have been fixed going unpaid.
Common Medical Billing Errors That Cause Rejected Claims
There are a number of common reasons a claim may be rejected, especially when an in-house medical billing team is processing many on any given day. Below are the most common mistakes, which should be avoided if at all possible:
- Incorrect patient information
- Incorrect provider information
- Incorrect information about the insurance provider
- Incorrect medical billing codes
- Mismatched treatment and diagnostic codes
- Duplicate billing
How to Prevent or Reduce Rejected Claims
Below are a few ways that you can help to reduce the number of rejected medical billing claims that you have to deal with at your medical office.
- Outsource your medical billing – By outsourcing your medical billing to a company like Outsource Receivables, you can focus on your core competencies, which is providing the highest level of care to your patients. An outsourced medical billing company has a number of advantages including working with medical claims all day every day. They can often spot trends and prevent issues before they even occur.
- Ensure the medical billing office and providers are on the same page – There’s multiple areas where breakdowns can occur with any medical claim. First you need to make sure that your providers are entering information correctly and that your medical billing team is processing claims properly.
- Follow up on rejected claims – This is one of the most important aspects of dealing with rejected claims. It’s critical that you, or your outsourced medical billing company follows up on rejected claims as quickly as possible. At Outsource Receivables, we make it a point to follow up on rejected claims within 48 hours to get them resolved and paid.
Choose Outsource Receivables to be Your Medical Billing Partner
If you’re looking to finally offload your medical billing duties, it’s time to work with a company with ample experience in the industry. At Outsource Receivables, we’ve helped medical providers all across the country get back to focusing on providing the best care for their patients, while also increasing profitability at the same time. To learn more about the Outsource Receivables advantage, including our guarantee to save you at least 15% compared to handling your medical billing in-house, give us a call today at (866) 585-2800.